If you are not investing in your personal development, you are limiting your true potential. Personal development affects your entire life, not just your work life or your personal life. It’s amazing how many people don’t try to improve themselves. These are the same people that wonder why they are not getting anywhere with their lives or if this is all there is to life. Most people believe that their identity and abilities are predetermined. I am here to tell you they are not. You can change your identity right now and become what it is you want to be.
Investing in yourself means:
- Learning new things and creating opportunities.
- Stepping out of your comfort zone and taking new risks.
- Looking for ways to improve your quality of life.
- Setting bigger and challenging goals boosting your confidence.
- Making personal growth and development a priority.
Imagine How You Want to Shape Your Life
What is the vision you have for your life? What do you imagine? What do you regularly dream about or wish for? Without a defined vision, you won’t be able to determine what kind of life you want to live. Write down your life meaning and purpose, as well as your key life goals. Think about what you want more of in your life. Is it money, freedom, love, friends, health, happiness, joy, adventure, losing weight, or inner peace? You must know what you want before you can visualize it to achieve it.
If you can see it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand.Bob Proctor
Once you know what you want, create the goals that you can strive towards. These should include high level goals as well as action steps. Most important, set milestones with firm dates for these action steps. This becomes your to-do list of what you need to do to “BECOME” who you want to be.
Free ideas for investing in yourself
Investing in yourself does not need to be expensive, there are so many options available today that you can use without spending money if you don’t have it. I have over the years bought many online courses, free challenges and then ultimately invested in different coaches. I learned that a coach helps me collapse time and get to where I want to be faster – that I couldn’t easily see outside of my own container. A coach helped me see more and achieve more faster.
- Listen to podcasts and videos – check out my favourites here
- Google the top coaches in the topic you want to grow (e.g. finance, health, business, mindset etc) and read their websites, blog posts and maybe follow their online content.
- Read free books from the library online or physical books.
- Attend networking events or meetups – there are so many free options
- Find a mentor who may give of their time.
- Barter or exchange services with someone who can help you reach a goal.
A reason you are reading this is because you know there is more to this life and to your life. Perhaps you don’t know where to start? If I can help you figure out a plan of where to start, connect with me here. Decide today to become the person you are meant to be and align with your truth of who you are. As you invest in yourself you will change and start to create the life you desire or the business you dream of. It all starts with your mindset and the beliefs you have about you. The best decision you will ever make is to make yourself and your growth a priority.